- Over 65, 000 people receive each month, food thanks to the network of support institutions that articulates the Food Bank Peru.
- Metro stores will provide 34 supermarkets of Lima, Callao and Arequipa.
- During the 5 years of alliance with the BAP, Alicorp has donated an average of 62 tons of food per year, allowing provide an annual average of 248,000 rations.
Lima, november 8, 2019.- Throughout the month of November, Don Vittorio , Shops Metro and Food Bank (BAP) join forces to launch a new edition of the "Product Solidarity" campaign, in order to contribute to the mission of the BAP to get food to the underprivileged.
In Peru, 2.5 million people are food insecure, meaning they do not have sustained the amount sufficient, safe and nutritious food to meet their needs. As a result, this problem can lead to malnutrition and anemia, two common ailments among the Peruvian population.
"The BAP takes over 5 years helping to mitigate the low level of access to foods that have thousands of Peruvians in the country. Last year we joined with Alicorp to create the campaign "Product Solidario" that allows consumers to know the work we do, through which we help more than 65,000 people each month" said Leslie Pierce, chairman of the Board of the BAP.
The entire line of pastas, sauces and semolina Don Vittorio bear the seal of "Product Solidarity" as a sign of support for the work of the BAP and awareness among consumers. All these products will be on sale exclusively at the 34 stores Metro de Lima, Callao and Arequipa.
"In Alicorp promote actions that create value and wellbeing to society, following our purpose of feeding a better tomorrow. Therefore, through products Don Vittorio , we look for the second consecutive year, highlighting the work of the Food Bank Peru and inspire consumers to take action, through their daily lives, to positively impact the lives of all Peruvians", says Malena Morales, vice president of Corporate Affairs Alicorp's.
"In Metro we seek that our actions contribute to social and environmental transformation. In that sense, it makes us very happy to be part of this new edition of the Product Solidario, which contributes to improving the quality of life of more people and continue spreading the important work of the Food Bank of Peru", says Mari Loli Camarero , manager Cencosud Corporate Affairs of Peru.
Through this campaign, the brands associated aim to contribute to the necessary logistical needs of the BAP as financing transport, storage and others to fulfill its mission.
Did you know?...
- The Food Bank is a nonprofit organization that fights against hunger and food waste in our country. Is an intermediary between food companies and charities throughout Peru.
- To date , the BAP has rescued food for an equivalent value to S / 33 million which have reached 218 institutions affiliated to its network.
- In 2018, the "Product Solidarity" campaign, in conjunction with the Food Bank of the Peru (BAP) was created by Don Vittorio brand.
- Alicorp supports the Food Bank since 2014, delivering more than 374 tons of food so far.
- For its part, Peru Cencosud, Supermarkets division, joined in 2016 to the Food Bank, delivering far more than 1,000 tons of food.